What Is the Knowledge Network?
The Knowledge Network is a supportive and friendly group for those who work in Information, Knowledge and Learning in professional services firms, such as law firms.
It is run by Hélène Russell of TheKnowledgeBusiness, and has been supporting KMers for more than a decade.
Who Is it For?
If you are interested in learning, information and knowledge and work for any kind of professional services organisation (or indeed any other kind of business) you will find it interesting and useful.
We have had a wide variety of members, including Heads of Knowledge, Heads of Information and Library, Information professionals at all levels, Knowledge Systems Managers, Professional Support and Knowledge Lawyers, and consultant lawyers. We’ve also had a variety of senior leaders come along to individual events of particular interest to them.
The majority of members are from the UK, but we also have members from Europe, US, India and the Channel Islands. Learning events are held in English and during UK / GMT lunchtimes, so as long as you can attend then (whatever time it is in your time-zone), you are welcome.
What Topics Do We Cover?
In the past we’ve had events on AI and machine learning, ISO 30401, design thinking for KM, after action reviews, social media for knowledge sharing, promoting KM, metrics and measurements, new technologies, KM strategies, culture, motivations for sharing, innovation, intranets that work, GDPR, leadership and influencing, writing in plain English, mobile KM, international management challenges, change management and all kinds of topics.
We’ve heard from practitioners (legal, health, engineering, marketing and other sectors), consultants and academics.
We’ve heard from speakers from US, Canada, Europe and UK.
It runs as an annual subscription, with a single annual fee entitling you to attend all learning events, receive coaching and join networking events. There are discounts for dual and firm-wide memberships. See the latest programme for current pricing.
- March 9th, 12.30-1.30pm – Nick Milton, KM & governance
- April 4th, 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, challenges/goal setting/networking meeting
- May 5th, 1-2pm – Ari Kaplan, podcasting
- June 29th, 12.30-1.30pm – David Gurteen, innovation through conversation knowledge café
- September 12th, 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, bring a problem workshop
- October 5th, 12.30-1.30pm – Ian Rodwell, knowledge-sharing in hybrid workplaces
- November 2nd – Tiger Eye, AI in KM update
- December 5th, 12.30-1.30pm – Helene Russell, challenges/goals/networking catch up
Want to know more about the Knowledge Network?
Please get in touch for more information and prices.